Monday, December 17, 2007

my second broken bone in life

After a terribly painful day of skiing yesterday, I finally went and had my ankle x-rayed today. Walaaa...it is indeed broken. This is the ankle that I thought I sprained two weeks ago. I never had it x-rayed because I was able to walk and I wasn't in terrible pain. But, yesterday, oh man. I about passed out on the man helping me get my swollen ankle in a ski boot. But, never wanting to be the wimp, I headed out the slopes with my boys and had a nice day. However, when my toes were black at the end of the day and I was limping, I decided that it might not hurt to have it checked. So, here I am. Proud to say that I skied on a broken ankle. No more skiing for me this trip. So, I'm trying to be thankful for other things. The mountains are still beautiful. My nephews are still adorable. And I realize how much I take for granted and how much relies on that bony little ankle.

No comments: