I am amazed at how quickly the days are passing. I love my internship. I love going to work each morning. Isn't that crazy!? I think that at my age, a lot of people are searching for their niche, for answers, for their life partner. I feel like I'm finding my job answer. I enjoy being a social worker. It breaks my heart, it overwhelms me, it angers me, it gives me hope, it brings me healing, and it is my contribution to humanity. I feel blessed to wake up each day and go to a job that I actually enjoy. I think some people never find that in life. For months, I've been looking around, a bit jealous at the people who have already found their life buddy. But, now I realize that my path is not lacking, it is simply different. And I am finding something that other people long for.
Yesterday, I went to another wheelchair basketball tournament. It is amazing to watch. And yesterday, I watched a guy play basketball with no legs and no hands. Most of the players are confined to a wheelchair but still have the use of their hands to guide their chairs and throw and catch the ball. This guy did everything with no hands. He caught the ball, scored baskets, threw the ball, raced his wheelchair down the court. It was strange to watch someone make the other disabled people seem less disabled. Because at least they have hands. And yet, I complain about this ankle of mine that's been broken for two months. At least it will heal.
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment