My ankle is healed. Ahhhhh! I biked this morning for an hour. My little legs were so excited to be spinning again. Excited and exhausted. I cannot even tell you how out of shape my left leg is. It has been dragged along hundreds of laps in the swimming pool. I've become quite a champ at swimming without kicking the left foot. I don't have to wear the boot any more. I can walk, wear cute outfits, go dancing, biking, exercise freely, I am so excited, I can barely stand it. My whole left foot is really sore though. My little toes just keep stretching, getting some air. I can't even stand to put on socks because my foot is so excited to be free. I love it. I won't be running again quite yet or wearing heels. I'm going let my ankle gain strength and mobility first. But, hell's bells, life is good. This and the fact that I slept 12 hours last night. Kid you not. I went to bed at 8:30pm and woke up at 8:30am. Never woke up, never went to the bathroom, nada. Just sleeping and dreaming. I'm feeling pretty good today. I guess this is why 2 year olds have so much energy after sleeping for half a day.
I'm at my parents' house for the weekend. It's funny that I was so ready to leave as a teenager and now, it's such a nice retreat out of my normal life. I just went and watched my Dad while he was napping. He's getting older. I don't like that, not one bit. But, he's still handsome. And his sixty-five years have made him wise and silly and fun. And then, there's momma in the kitchen putting together the "perfect" birthday party for my nephew, William. My mom does not NOT throw a good party. There will be good food, there will be fun people, and the house will look amazing. While I appreciate her parties, it's probably why I'm the most relaxed entertainer ever. My friends know to show up, grab a seat on the floor, and enjoy some food and good conversation. I'm thankful for my parents and I'm proud of who I have become with their help. I'm glad that I have some of their tendencies and I'm glad that I'm my own independent, crazy spirit. I think growing up is a good thing. I'm glad to be 25 whole years old. I hope I get lots more and I hope to appreciate what I get.
Sometimes I want to ask my parents if they're happy with the life they ended up with. But, I never ask. Maybe because I'm afraid they'll say no. Maybe because I'm afraid they'll feel obligated to say of course. Of maybe because it doesn't matter. Life is never what we expect and I'm okay with that. Grateful even.
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment