Sunday, September 9, 2007
Don't need seconds
Lately, I cannot seem to find the words for long prayers. My prayers are one sentence pleas repeated over and over. Thank goodness the Lord does not seem to tire of my repetitive words. Lately, all I can seem to say is "Lord, heal my heart." "Lord, please wrap me up." And "Lord, fill me up." I have no answers right now. In fact, I'm not sure that I ever did have any answers. But, the Lord has always answered my cries in such peculiar ways. Almost as if he's thinking about what I'm thinking He should or could do to help me out, then lets out a little chuckle and leads me down another path. Like the other day, it happened in the car. I was jamming out to a song and all of the sudden, I got a little glimpse of myself. Like a little idea of how cool God thinks I am. He likes my spirit and my spunk, he indulges my quick changing moods and moments of self-doubt, he created my talents. It was a beautiful moment when I felt the negative messages that sometimes run through my head scurry away and pure thoughts come in. And what I realized is that I am enough. And God is enough. So together we are enough. He is enough to fill me and wrap me up and heal me and lead me. He is enough. So, I want to wrap my arms around 'enough' and be satisfied and be whole and be healed and be loved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment