Sunday, September 9, 2007

malentendidos

Okay, one more post for the evening. I just read the following line out of my textbook on family therapy and now feel totally prepared for whatever lies ahead.
"Errors in professional judgment that should be avoided are the tnedencies (1) to see differences or commonalities when they are not there or (2) to not see differences or commonalities when they are present."
Ah yes, all clear now. Basically, just be a mind-reader, don't fuck up, and you'll be fine.

Last night I saw 'Balls of Fury.' It was truly a stupid movie. However, I was pleased to note that I understood the Spanish cuss words as well as the sexual joke they tried to make in Spanglish. So, those four years of college have really paid off.

Now, I'm not totally pessimistic about school. Please understand that I generally enjoy school and the learning process. There are just funny moments when I realize that what I got out of a class is probably not exactly what the teacher intended. Pero, vendejo, yo puedo entender las palabras importantes! Ciao!

No comments: