Monday, September 3, 2007

hike the trail to mordor

Today, we're going to talk for a few moments about animals. I have never been much of an animal person, but this may be changing. I actually like a dog now. My roomie, Claire, has a dog named Luke. He won my heart over the first afternoon that Claire wasn't home. You see, he normally sticks pretty close to Claire. But, when she's gone, he's up for a new friend. So, Luke and I were in the apartment together and he commenced to following me around. Not in a whiny, droopy way. No, he followed in a 'you are so cool, I would follow you to the ends-of-the-earth' kind of way. Then, when I studied he sat right outside my door and barked at any slight noise. It's pretty cool to have protection as you travel to the ends-of-the-earth. So, Luke and I are now buddies and I am a little more open to the rest of the dog population.
Now, spiders have not helped their situation concerning me. No active 'let's win over Alison so she doesn't squish us and throw us to a watery toilet death when she finds us.' Noooo. A freakin' spider bit the crap out of my ankle on Saturday. Now my right ankle looks like I ate 50 doughnuts for dinner and all the weight gain went to that poor little ankle and foot. And it hurts like the dickens (whatever dickens feels like). Bad move mister spider. Bad move. You and your friends are going down if I can ever hobble over to you. Shesh.

No comments: