So, another nephew story. Another one of my nephews is Hayden. Now, Hayden is quite a character. He had speech problems and went through various courses of speech therapy. Now the little guy just won't shut up. And it's such a wonderful blessing after all those years of trying to coax words out of him and understand his body language, that we just can't bear to tell him to be quiet for a few moments. But really, sometimes a few moments is now needed.
Well, Mom took Hayden to church with her last Sunday. They sat up in the balcony which is apparently pretty cool with Hayden. During the children's story, Hayden went downstairs and vyed for a seat close to Pastor Frank and then gave Mom a big wave across the sanctuary. Then, for the prayer, Hayden gave his grand finale. Pastor Frank asked the children to pray with him and Hayden went to his knees with his forehead to the floor for the prayer. I mean, talk about spiritual zest! I'm not sure where he learned that move though. I've never seen Brad or Jen anywhere near prostrate during prayer. Who knows, but this kid is in.
Then, yesterday after Dad and Brad moved my playhouse from the farm to Brad's house, Hayden told them that he was so proud of them for their hard work. I love it.
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment