Thursday, March 6, 2008
caller #3
I rarely know if anyone is reading my blog. So, why do I write publicly? Perhaps because I hope someone will read my stuff. Perhaps I hope to engage other people's thoughts and spur new ideas. Perhaps because I want to keep my dearest friends involved in some of my thoughts and activities. Perhaps because it's strange to think of writing something and sending it out into cyberspace for the world to see. I don't know why exactly I write publicly. Maybe for all of these reasons and many more. I do know however, that I have recently received comments from six different people about my writing. One person identified with something I'd written. Some else wanted to make sure it wasn't her that had bugged me. Someone else told me how funny it is to hear those four letter words come from me. I will not lie, I enjoy some good cuss words now and then. Someone else told me I sounded like I had such angst for such a little thing. Ahh, I love it. I wish sometimes that I could get on the outside of myself and read what I write unbiasedly and watch myself. I think I strike a good balance between laid back and the straight and narrow. That's my hope at least.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I once heard: "We read to know that we are not alone. We write to let others know that they are not alone."
Can't remember who said it.
Post a Comment