Sunday, March 2, 2008

repeat

So, I've decided to do a most generic, copycat post. I'm going to make lists of things I do and don't like. I know, I know, but let's see what happens...

Things I really like:
my family, long talks with my friends, cooking dinner with friends, DANCING, looking at old photos, journaling, school, working hard, the high I get during and after a spin class, being in the mountains, staring at the ocean, flowers (especially the first daffodils and tulips of Spring), tulip poplars, any kind of fresh fruit, sweet cornbread with homemade jam, giving an unexpected present, real mail, painting, tickling my nephews, waterskiing, snowskiing, hiking, the way a smell or sound can take me back to a past moment in time, watching a new movie, the iPhone, mapquest, my little sister, Brigid, Puffy, fly fishing with Warren and Dad, laughing, the comics on Sundays, a new dress, sermons by David Platt, the Office, a good novel or biography, reminiscing, speaking Spanish, traveling, daydreaming, clean laundry, the results of cleaning, playing hymns on the piano, hope, being a social worker, second chances (and third and fourth and hundredth), text messaging during class, personal awareness,

Things I like but kinda wish I didn't:
Cadberry eggs, Cracker Barrell blackberry pancakes and biscuits, People magazine, facebook

Things I don't like:
Changing purses to match my outfit, breaking a bone, cleaning the bathroom, dusting, fighting with my mom or Brad, sarcasm or purposeful nettling, lies, being late, buying gas, a dirty car (especially the inside), revenge

Things I don't like but kinda wish I did:
holiday decorations, taking family photographs, ironing, the news, most poetry

Well, I'm glad to know that I can quickly think of more things I like than dislike. That's always healthy...or maybe I'm just not being totally honest with myself.

No comments: