Sunday, March 2, 2008
Ice, ice baby
Ta-da! I have reverted back to being a teenager. I slept until noon and haven't taken a shower today and am not planning on it. Now, the fact that I haven't sleep well or much lately did contribute to the deficit, but I was really amazed at what my body pulled off at the noon hour. Normally, if I sleep late, I feel like a lazy butt and like I'm wasting my life and the day away. Not today though. I was pleased to finally rest and then meander down to the kitchen for a cup of hot tea and some fruit. It was the perfect noon meal. I have always known that I need "me" time. I just never, until this semester, understood how much I need that time. Today I have talked to approximately 2 people for maybe 10 minutes. Normally, I am constantly surrounded by people and voices and stories and I love it. But, today was not the day. I have read (for fun!), studied, painted, prayed, and journaled. I need days like these to refocus. The world does not revolve around me and the million things I have to get done for school and work. The world keeps on going, my life keeps on going, even with a much-needed break.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment