Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Scoot ova!

In group recently, one of the members was faced with a big decision. He really didn't know which way to go and felt he had no direction. One of the other members said that it helps him to remember that most of a decision is actually made after the initial fact. I didn't understand at all. How does the decision happen after you make the decision? He explained and I loved his insight. He stated that you make a decision and then you are faced with hundreds of other decisions resulting from the first big decision. You decide what your attitude will be. You decide if you want to spend time wondering how things would have, should have, could have turned out differently if you have chosen the other option. You decide how to make the most of the new situation. I love that. It makes the gravity of decisions not quite so overwhelming. I love my job. I learn so much from my clients.

Paul stated that it seems as though I enjoy one of my clients. I really do and many people probably wouldn't like her that much. She is difficult and guarded. But the thing is, I really haven't met a client I don't like yet. And I've met some mean, defensive people. But, I'm just enjoying this learning process so much. I can't help but like the different quirks each person and family member brings to the table. I am soooo just out of graduate school. The enthusiasm gives me away and I hope I don't ever lose it. Ever.

No comments: