
Well, I officially know what the food in Heaven is gonna taste like. It’s gonna be a huge spread from Kathy’s Country Kitchen right up here in Clay, Kentucky. But, I’ll get to that.
Amy and I ended up there after another eventful day. You see, since it was raining once again we decided to skip the hike and go out for an adventure. We hopped in Amy’s car and headed into the Kentucky wilderness to see what we could see. As we were heading up the first big hill, Amy’s car went sputter, sputter, die. Oh yes, big hill, no engine that could. So, Amy carefully popped the car in neutral and coasted back down the hill. We go to the middle of the bridge and then a nice man helped me push Amy’s car the rest of the way to the parking lot. And thus began exciting day number two. Still raining.
We jumped off Amy’s car and headed to Clay to the nearest mechanic where they promised to look at the car before dinner. Now, dinner around here is lunch or supper? Not sure, but we were sure hoping that dinner meant lunch and after lunch meant a fixed car.
In the meantime, we took my car and went to a so-called antique mall. We did find a couple of fantastic mugs and a cute purse. Aside from that, I’ve attached photos of other choice items that I hope are not necessarily antique. I was disappointed to note that people were selling their Disney VHS series! I mean really, I grew up on VHS versions of Cinderella, Aladdin, Sleeping Beauty, and Lion King! I cannot give those away. Of course, I don’t actually have a VCR anymore, but still, that’s like selling my childhood for pennies.

Anyway, after that shopping excursion we lunched at Kathy’s Country Kitchen. When I say lunched, I mean I ate like it was my very last meal. I declare, it was like manna from heaven. I had baked beans, butternut squash drenched in sugar and butter, greens, and a big ole’ biscuit again soaked in butter. It was so good I actually took my biscuit and sopped up any remaining butter or sugar or baked bean goodness left. They could have skipped washing my plate it was so dang clean. I washed that down with lots of unsweet tea that I doubled sweetened with splenda and sweet and lo just to top off the whole mess. The desserts looked fabulous as well but at some point a stomach has to say no and hope for survival.
So, we left there and went and got Amy’s car, which apparently had just gotten cold and tired and needed a little oil and love. We headed back to the cabin and oh yes, on the way there we stopped at a stop sign and I thought my foot was fully on the break and I looked down for a second and proceeded to bump Amy’s car with my car. Yes, I bumped my friend’s car with my brand new car while stopped at a stop sign. I know. I know.
Now, I am back inside. We have just watched a cheesy movie and 2 episodes of friends and it is still raining. Praise God for vacations. I love them. By the way, I have zero cell phone reception and finally understand how people used to survive without cell phones. You just sit around and enjoy yourself doing absolutely nothing.
Speaking of which, it’s a bit unsettling to go from being so busy to almost bored. It took me a day to adjust, but I’d say I’m doing just fine now.
No comments:
Post a Comment