Do you ever get to a point in life where there is a quiet desperation that seems hopeless, overwhelming, and exhausting? And all at once, you want to be with your mother, alone, with your best friend, in the bed, on a beach, staring at the stars, and nowhere at all...definitely not in your own skin or your own misunderstood mind or left with your own crazy character defects staring you in the face. Yes, these are the ones I referred to earlier. I have no solutions. I want no sympathy. I just need something.
Today I have listened to Fernando Ortega's 'Give Me Jesus' over and over.
"In the morning when I rise,
In the morning when I rise,
In the morning when I rise,
Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world.
Give me Jesus.
And when I am alone,
And when I am alone,
And when I am alone,
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world.
Give me Jesus.
And when I come to die,
And when I come to die,
And when I come to die,
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world.
You can have all this world.
Give me jesus."
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment