So, I live in an old apartment building. My apartment has creaky hardwood floors, black and white tile in the kitchen, a nifty chandelier over the table. Apparently, people were really skinny when this place was built. Because the door frames are tiny and the space to sit beside the kitchen table doesn’t allow for a large meal to be consumed. And, I love this little place. In spite of the lack of dishwasher and the fact that the kitchen floor gets dirty in a second and the electrical outlets are all in the wrong places..I love it. I pay the rent with money I worked hard for and the little haven of space is filled up with the oddest assortment of furniture and belongings that, for the most part, look just like me. Most of my furniture is cheap, borrowed, a gift, or a graduation gift from high school or college. But, I like it. Yea, I’d love to have a nice leather couch and some cable television and a sleigh bed for my mattress. But, I’m trying not to confuse my wants with my needs right now. All of my needs are being met. And for that, I am truly grateful.
P.S. The other great thing. I have a little box where the mailman puts my mail. And hooked to it is a chip clip. I just put my mail under the chip clip and he takes it away to mail world. I thought about getting a cute clothespin to put on the box. Maybe a pink one with my name on it. But, considering the rest of the furniture in my apartment, a chip clip makes more sense. Plus, I rarely buy chips. Except for today actually. I bought some jalapeno chips. The kettle chips kind. Love them. Better hurry if you want one though. I ate about 5 chips and that was half the bag. Always hated that about chips. Big bag. Little bit of chips. Also, just so the world knows. The best chips in the entire universe are kettle cooked Sea Salt and BALSAMIC Vinegar chips. These chips have the greatest mix of salty and sweet ever. The problem is they only seem to exist in England. I had them at my cousin’s home in Birmingham and have longed for them since. I have checked world market and whole foods. It’s a negative. Bummer. I like those chips.
P.P.S. I think I might start giving myself a different job title every day. I’ll still technically be doing the same job. I’ll just call it different things. Like tomorrow, I’m going to be an executive emotions coordinator. The next day I’ll be a recovery specialist. The following day I’ll be the mediator between good and evil. Then, the badass. Yes, just badass. And what do you do, young lady? She looks around smugly, I sir, am a badass. Peace out.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ma'am, you are one saucy badass.I love the mood of this post; reminds me of hummingbirds flitting around. Have a good weekend!
I absolutely love this post. You are so funny. Thanks for all the recent blog updates. I love all of them and esspecially how honest you. Have a great day.
love ya, amy
Post a Comment