Sunday, August 24, 2008

String cheese

The light bulb is now in place and shining brightly. The wasps' nest is now destroyed. Calzones have been made and eaten. Phase 10 has been played. A delightful way to end the weekend. Everything is better with a buddy.

I was overwhelmed by the goodness of God today. Do you ever have one of those days where you feel so loved, cherished, and blessed that is almost too much? Tonight as I watched the clouds move quickly across the sky making the stars play hide-and-seek with my eyes, I reached up to the heavens for His splendor. I encounter God every day. May I remember that I am coming into contact with his presence in each person that I encounter.

My pastor is doing a series on Job and how God portrays himself as mighty and just and powerful and good in the midst of suffering. And, then David said that God doesn't necessarily give us answers during our suffering, but he does provide his presence. As a woman, this makes wonderful, amazing sense to me. Because in the midst of my trials, I simply want someone to be a witness to my emotions. I don't really need answers, I don't need reasons. I need the presence of my God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

but this is the question: if you had to pick one of the bobsledders from "cool runnings" to be your patient, who would you pick? would you pick sanka coffie, or would you go for dereece banner? personally i think you would "nerd up" and go for junior.