Monday, October 27, 2008

Blue

When I was little, I used to crawl under the dining room table while all of the adults were finishing their food and tie my grandfather's shoelaces together in an elaborate mess of bows and knots. Then, I would sneak, ever so sneakily, back to my seat and pick at my food just waiting for my grandpa to stand up. And, at the end of the meal, he would stand up from his place at the head of the table, and pretend to almost fall down while trying to walk. I thought it was hilarious every single time. It is one of my first memories.

I also remember Warren tying a rope on the end of a box and pulling me around the house in the box. I thought it was just divine. He would also come home from high school and go down to the creek with me and play. He was 17 years old. I was 5. He was (and is) one of my heroes. We would build stick boats and race them down the creek. I would joyfully hop in the water to free them if stuck. It was delightful.

I also remember dancing with my Dad. I stood on the bed and held his hands and we danced back and forth while singing some song...maybe from My Fair Lady. It was good.

I also wore a blue sequin belt for about 2 years straight. Church, playtime, bed, didn't matter. Alison had the belt on. It was hot and I still have it. Maybe Halloween. Maybe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

here is something to ring your tater: your next patient

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoytrHE821o

Anonymous said...

If you wear that belt...we so need pictures of it! Have a great day.

love ya, amy