Sunday, October 19, 2008

No more rules.

Each morning I read a meditation out of 'The Language of Letting Go' by Melody Beattie. Today, October 18, states, "We have arrived at the understanding that we needed our experiences - even our mistakes - to get to where we are today. Do we know that we needed our life to unfold exactly as it did to find ourselves, our Higher Power, and this new way of life? No matter what happens, you can take care of yourself. And what happens will continue to be good, better than you think. I trust that the Plan is good, even when I don't know what it is."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On August 14, you posted:
"I am now a primary counselor at Bradford Health Services, an inpatient drug and alcohol rehab center. I really like what I do. I do. But, the learning curve right now is just tremendous and I’m having a hard time cutting myself some slack and giving myself a bit of grace...Because it will get better. I just have to remember that I will be a better therapist in six months than I am now. And an even better one in a year. I have to remember that I am not supposed to know how to do this. I am afraid to let people know that I need help or that I’m hurting, but I’m learning how to change that. I will get up tomorrow and go to work because quitting isn’t an option and I believe it will get better. I’m thankful for today."

Miss Alison, I don't know how I stumbled on your blog. Out there online looking for guidance...seeking Him in my own stubborn way...considering quitting my own job...wondering if I was going to ever get better at my new job...being miserably hard on myself for not knowing how to do all of this better RIGHT NOW when I just started (at my age...older than you)...hating to ask for help...being angry...and irritated and sad And, I found your blog. You are amazingly insightful, brave, strong. You are looking for God and he keeps finding you in everything you write. You have helped me today...Thank You! Someone who is older than you with all that life experience you think will make this better...it helps, I won't lie...but the struggle to learn, to be better, to find Him just changes direction...sort of like a river finding its way around a new rock in its path...hang in there...you are way ahead of the pack. So, don't beat yourself up about the life experience...you are what you are, work with that. That's what God wants you to do right now anyway.