Saturday, October 4, 2008

no way around it

As I get older, it seems that time passes more quickly. I remember just months ago when I was in school and had days filled with nothing but class and then chill time with some studies mixed in. Now, my weekends fly by and I long for more time to read and journal and paint. However, I did just spend about 8 hours in front of the television, so I guess I had more time than I thought...I just watched Alabama win and Auburn lose to Vandy. Although I claim to be an Auburn fan (I am definitely NOT an Alabama fan), it was fun to watch the Comodores win. I am from Nashville and it's always fun to root for the home team and I always love to see a solid underdog take the lead. Plus, Vandy hasn't been 5-0 since 1943 people. That's big time. Then, we watch the Bourne Ultimatum, an excellent end to the trilogy. So, I guess it's about time for some intellectual stimulation after morphing into the couch cushions for so many hours.

On Friday, we had random drug screens at work. Thankfully, I didn't sweat it too much and hopefully, I passed with flying colors. However, I would like to make note of a few things. There is nothing more awkward than (a) peeing in a cup and (b) walking down the hall carrying your own pee in a cup and (c) handing that cup of warm pee to a complete stranger and then (d) standing there helplessly while they take down your name and seal up the pee and ask you to sign your name claiming your own cup of pee. I mean, really, what a terrible idea. And what a terrible job. There were two people just collecting pee and labeling it all day. I am so glad I stayed in school.

I am not a huge holiday person. I don't do tons of decorations. However, I did buy three baby pumpkins at the store on Friday night. I guess it helped me recover from the pee incident. Plus, I like 'cute' decorations.

No comments: