Thursday, August 23, 2007

attachment theory

So, Ryan started kindergarten yesterday and loves it. He went to preschool last year and really feels like this is a step up. Basically he's happy that he has a desk now and doesn't have to sit on the floor all day. I don't blame him. His only complaint is that recess isn't long enough.
It's funny how attached I am to my nephews. I guess it's just the fact that I have known them their entire lives. That is so cool to me. I held them as little babies and watched them grow physically and enjoyed experiencing their cute little personalities. Each of my four nephews are so different. I mean sooooo different.
I started school again too. Ah yes, another year of social work at the University of Alabama. So far, I am less than impressed with this so-called masters program. I expected to graduated feeling like I was really an expert in the field of social work. So far, I have done mountains of busy work, been forced to study under some of the worst teachers I have ever had, and spent my first internship sitting in a room watching the office on my computer and reading novels. And since I'm complaining, let's just talk for a moment about the new parking system. UA has developed this bus system to transport students around campus. So, when I went to buy a parking permit today, they offered me a choice of several commuter parking lots located a few miles from my building. Of course! I could just take the bus! Except that a friend of mine took the bus this morning and arrived an hour late to class because the damn thing took that long to get around campus. So, I can get to campus early to catch a bus that makes me late for class....right. No thanks. I'll keep parking in the neighborhoods and hope for the best.

No comments: