A conversation between my mom and Ryan today:
M: Are you ever going to get married Ryan? (why she was asking a 5 year-old that I have no idea whatsoever)
R: No, I will probably just live alone.
M: Even if you met someone as fun as Aunt Alison?
R: Well, I think that when I grow up I'll just marry Aunt Alison!
Today we went to Bear World on the way home from Idaho. Okay, so we paid to go in and see all these cool animals and as soon as we got past the entrance Ryan pipes up, "okay guys, where's the playground?" Anyway, we preceded to drive through the park in the car while looking at entirely bored and over-heated bears trying to figure out what to do with themselves. (Although these animals looked less than threatening, the driving around the park in a car gave me a spooky jarassic park feeling.) I always love seeing the wildlife, but the whole fence and barbed wire and electric fence thing has always made me feel sad for the animals. Something is lost in seeing tourists throw $0.25 handfuls of pellet food at "wild" animals.
Mike spent a long time in his room tonight after dinner. Finally, he reappeared and sidled up to me and placed a gift in my hands. He had spent all that time looking through his stickers and picking out the perfect ones for me. I received beautiful flower stickers and some with praying hands and one that says, 'just for you!' I have received many gifts in my life, but this ranks up there with the favorites.
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment