Sunday, August 26, 2007

blinding

So, I'm curious how some of the women at the gym just look so dang cute while (supposedly) working out. I mean, I'm guessing I either need to buy new workout clothes or figure out how to quit sweating. Today I arrived at the gym in running shorts and some old tank top matched with my new pristinely white, brand new tennis shoes (remember the days when brand new sparkling white tennis shoes were cool?). Not quite the perfectly put-together woman next to me without an ounce of sweat on her face. I'm really okay with the situation, I'm just, like I said, curious.

However, I did comptemplate other things while working out. For instance, the Iraq war. How long have we been at war? I don't even know. What exactly are we doing over there? Again, I am ashamed to admit, that I don't really know. I don't think about the war all that often (obviously). Yet, on the news today I saw that one family has lost two sons to this war and has another son still serving. I bet that family thinks of the war constantly. I bet they know hong long and what and why (if there is a why). So, if one of my fellow American families has been that affected by this war, then I have a responsiblity to know and understand what is going on. For my own knowledge and to assist in my future voting. Gotta go. I have things to learn.

No comments: