Today we completed the 5K. It was a wonderful experience. We ran a little, walked a lot, did a few piggyback rides with
Ryan, and enjoyed the scenery along the way. Oh yes, Mike and I ate some baby plums off a tree, got grossed out by a lovely piece of roadkill, talked about life, and pointed out various flowers and things of interest. About an hour later, the five us prepared to cross the finish line (running of course). It was delightful. We were the last people through the finish line and it was so fun to watch my nephews' grins get bigger and bigger as all the other runners cheered us in. They were thrilled and we've talked about the race all day.
On the way to the race this morning Ryan asked, "How far are we going to run today? All around the world?"
I responded, "No, we're going to run a 5K which is about 3 miles." Ryan said, "Yeah, I guess it would take two or three days to run around the entire world. 3 miles is good for today."
When reading these things about Ryan, please keep in mind that Ryan has a thick southern accent at times. We have no idea why. He has never lived in the south. Some of us have light southern accents, but nothing like the drawl he puts out there. He can make one syllable words into at least two or three. .
I love to drive my nephews around. I put on Brad Paisley's new CD, set to number 15 which is 'When we all get to heaven.' They just sing their little hearts out on the chorus and it is wonderful. There voices are so pure and sweet and often off-key. Then, Ryan requested number 8 which is a crazy, jazzy song and he starts doing his air piano and saxophone and guitar. He does it throughout the entire song, just a sporatic little body of movement.
Could have, should have, would have, what if, why, how come, would it have been different/better/healthier/happier....
The list goes of questions like these. Here in Utah the efforts to reach the miners have been suspended. Several people have been hurt or killed in the efforts to save the others. I wonder if the miners, the rescuers, the families have asked these questions. There are many people I would risk my life for. But, would I risk my life for a stranger? Would I give everything to make sure that no route is left unexplored that might help someone else?
Saturday, August 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment