I love making lists and it's high time I made one.
Things I did in Utah:
-led my first clinically oriented groups
-learned to drive a stick shift
-learned how to make bread
-learned how to make apricot jam (which is excellent slathered on the aforementioned)
-had my wallet stolen
-climbed Ben Lomond
-developed compassion and a greater understanding of people dealing with substance abuse issues
-ate peas, corn, tomatoes, and cucumbers straight out of a garden and cheeries, apricots, plums, and apples straight off the trees
-had a curious george themed 25th birthday party at which I got to wear an Indian chief's headress
-joined the public library
-mountain biked parts of the mountain that I ski in the winter
-became obsessed with spin classes at the gym
-learned how to fly fish in a stream
-completed a 5K with my nephews
-saw Old Faithful erupt
-knocked over a mailbox with my jeep
-learned that you have to add extra flour to cookie dough at a higher altitude or else you will end up with the flatest cookies you have ever seen (yet still fairly tasty)
-watched Pink Panther cartoons waaaaayyyyy too many times
It has been a full summer. I leave tomorrow after making Utah my home for 2 months. It has been wonderful, but I am ready to be home in Birmingham, AL.
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment