Things that make me feel awkward:
1. Lingerie showers. I hate them. I will not be having one. Someday that is.
2. Bachlorette parties. Although I have never been to one, I have been witness to them. I always feel extremely sorry for the woman running around drunk with a veil and condoms taped to her head. And her friends (also drunk) seem to think it's extremely funny. Why? I know not.
3. When people talk about "trying" to get pregnant. Why not just go ahead and say, hell yeah, we're having sex like rabbits and no protection to boot! I mean really. That stuff should be on a need to know basis. As in, only the doctor needs to know. Not a random stranger.
4. Women's enormous beach bag purses. What do they carry in those things? Weapons, 5 course meals, a baby, what?
5. Talking to my dad about any boy who isn't my brother. I mean really, he's my dad. I'm his daughter. Someday I'll just announce that I'm getting hitched and ask him to show up.
6. I'm sure there are scores of things that make me feel weird. But, that's all for now.
Monday, April 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ha! You crack me up! It's been too long since I've kept in touch.
I, too, in my naivete was once like you and didn't want a lingerie shower. I didn't have one.
That my friend, is an egregious error.
Trust me.
At my bachlorette party we ate cinnamon rolls and drank milk. And everyone gave me pjs. And it was fabulous. In fact, I'm wearing some now. Love you!
Post a Comment