Thursday, April 3, 2008

it's the end of the world as we know it.

Uh-oh. It happened today. At hour 9.5 of my work day, I just didn't want to listen any more. I have listened and listened and listened for the past 3 months with such joy and love at each moment. But, tonight in group, I may have even shot this one group member a little evil look. I just wanted him to stop talking and let me go eat dinner.

One of my clients asked me a couple of questions about me today. It totally caught me off guard. Rarely does a client ever ask about me and this is appropriate. The session is not in any way about my personal life. But, it was funny. I apologize in advance to any friend who runs into me immediately after work. After ten hours of listening to other people, I am ready to talk about myself. It's true. Melissa actually asked me one night, "Have you been neglected today?" I mean, I was running my mouth. But, as John Mayer is currently reminding me, "Say what you need to say."

No comments: