On facebook I have 706 friends. However, I would not say that I actually even know 706 people. I did go through that 'must have friends on facebook to prove my worth' phase, so whatever.
I am at home and I am taking the day off of work tomorrow. I am so excited I can barely stand it. I'm probably gonna go crazy and clean the house, paint, and exercise. Yes, that is crazy for me. I might even get a pedicure.
So, tomorrow is Halloween. Halloween is such an odd holiday. All the costumes and candy. I'm loving fall more than ever this year. I don't know what it's about, but I just love the cool weather, the changing leaves, the pumpkins, the lightness of spirit. I love the power of the cold coming in and washing away the heat. I like seeing the birds flying south in spectacular V formations. How do they know to do that?! Tomorrow Melissa and I are making homemade applesauce. I am a bit of applesauce snob. My family made creamed corn, applesauce, and jam every year. And there is nothing like the sweet, chunky goodness of homemade. The store bought applesauce seasoned to taste like strawberries just doesn't do it for me. We made the applesauce and then put it on top of Mickey Mouse waffles for breakfast. I used to have waffle eating contests with my brothers. Kind of unfair since I was five and they were fifteen and seventeen. I held my own though. I turned anorexic later so go figure. It all evens in the end, I guess.
I got cable television this week. It's been a big addition to my life. I got to watch my Titans beat the Colts on Monday night and then I just concentrated on seeing how many shows I wanted to watch at the same time since I have almost 100 channels. Who knew there were this many shows? Correction: this many terrible, mind-numbing shows. It's good for now though.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I actually just "friended" 250 something people on facebook. I thought, "self- these people are not your friends, you sat next to them in macroeconomics during your junior year in college- DELETE!"
It was quite nice. I highly recommend it, you, work-skipper, you. :O)
obviously, I meant "unfriended".
I did not know you got cable. I, too, may be getting cable, come the new year (as it would probably be part of the internet deal for our apartment), so maybe that will be exciting.
Post a Comment