As William climbed into my jeep this evening to go to dinner, he asked, "what kind of car is this?"
"A jeep," I replied.
He quickly stated, "Jeeps are soooooo cool."
To myself, I know, I know.
Lessons learned:
1. We started our evening with a meal at cheeseburger charlie's.
lesson #1: never give a child the milkshake before the meal. or just don't order the meal and be done with it.
2. We next had bathtime.
lesson #2: always say yes when the kids want to put on their bathing suits and goggles and put their faces into three inches of water to find the eight coins you dug out of your wallet and dropped in the water while they impatiently closed their eyes and listened to where the splash occurred. this activity can last for a good fifteen/twenty minutes
3. We continued the evening with hot chocolate and story time.
lesson #3: never underestimate the power of marshmallows and curious george.
4. We finally headed to bed.
lesson #4: no matter how many times the child had selective hearing or a forgetful memory, the little "i wuv you, aunt alison" will always work.
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are such a wonderful aunt! I love reading about the joy these boys bring you!
Post a Comment