Monday, November 5, 2007

sunflowers

A new whole foods market has opened up in Nashville. Jennifer (my sister-in-law) and I wandered in and a few seconds later she said, "Alison, what are you doing?" You see, we had entered by the flowers and the beauty and smell just took me in. When she said that I realized I was standing in there with my arms wide open and a huge smile on my face. I'm sure I looked like a goober, but it was wonderful to get lost like that in something so beautiful.

And yes, because Melissa mentioned that this should go in the blog, I will tell about my reaction in the car. I was cruising home to Birmingham from Nashville when I started to hear a weird noise coming from the engine. So, what was my reaction? To turn the music up a little bit. I was just hoping that the noise would go away! Alas, it only got louder and then water started spraying out from under the hood and the wheel started locking up, so I had to pull over at a rest stop. I proceeded to wait two hours and then have my beautiful jeep towed the rest of the way to Birmingham. Then to the service station, then to Enterprise rent-a-car. Sad day. The jeep is sick and has been for several months. I've started looking at new cars. I'm looking for an excellent, very cool car with four wheel drive and great gas mileage. Oh yes, also brand new and cheap. If anyone happens across this car, I'm sure you'll buy it for yourself, but if not, give me a call. And don't tell the jeep we might be calling it quits.

No comments: