Thursday, November 29, 2007

three's company

Oh my goodness, I've forgotten to tell the best story from Detroit! Okay, so Amy and I return to her house one afternoon to the scene of two neighbors having a heated discussion. Apparently, Chico, one of the neighbor's dogs, had killed the other neighbor's cat. Sure enough, there scampered Chico with a chunk of white fur and blood hanging from his mouth. I kid you not. There was a chunk of fur. Chico wasn't playing around with that cat. So, Chico's owner leaves the discussion and is trying to coax Chico back to her house. Amy and I quit watching and start up the stairs when, screeeeeeeeech, bam. Yep, chico was crossing back to his home for a nap after his tasty meal, now he lies dead on the side of the road and the car has already moved on. After that, Amy couldn't watch and I just couldn't stop watching. It's like in a scary movie when you cover your eyes with your hands and then peek through your fingers. So, the shovel comes out and chico disappears. Cat dead. Dog dead. Two down and one to go. So, Amy and I go about our business when I hear Amy scream from the living room. What has she found? A dead mouse. Cat dead. Dog dead. Mouse dead. Tread carefully.

No comments: