Wednesday, November 28, 2007
roast marshmallows
I got back yesterday from Detroit. I went out last night in flip flops and a little hoodie. It was chilly here, but nothing compared to the chill of Detroit. I was so glad to let my little toes breathe after having them wrapped so tight in boot socks for 4 days. However, that was last night. Interesting fact, there is no heat right now in my social work building at Alabama. You see, there is some obscure policy that in order to switch the units from air to heat, the weather has to be below freezing for three consecutive nights in a row. Apparently, we haven't achieved that yet, so we are cold. I was using my warmed up lean cuisine to warm up my hands and top of my legs during lunch. I know it's not how it works, but it really hacks me off that Mr. Mike Shula, who didn't quite pull through as the "savior" for the roll tide, makes millions, yet my building is falling apart and we don't even have freakin' heat. I wish I could rearrange priorities. I'd put education waaaaayyyyy above sports. (p.s. bear is dead and has been for years.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment