Have you ever stopped to ponder the 'how is married life treating you' question? Because I have definitely been known to ask that when I spot a recently wedded couple friend of mine. It's one of those awkward, slightly inappropriate questions that we ask because we don't know what else to ask. I'm not going to say, 'how was the honeymoon?' Nope, don't wanna know. But, the mere 'how is married life treating you' question could lead to a lot of uncomfortable answers.
'The sex is unbelievable.'
'The sex sucks. Booooring.'
'Surprise, we're pregnant!'
'He's driving me crazy.'
'Worst decision I ever made.'
'Ugh.'
'This is not my idea of Cinderella.'
'We're so happy. I had no idea life could be this blissful. Oh, Alison, I hope you find that right guy so that you can be as happy as I am.'
I feel like I'm ranting a lot lately about things I don't like and things that make me uncomfortable. But yet, writing about these things makes me smile. Because we all have the awkward, strange interactions that we shouldn't be having, yet just can't seem to avoid. It makes me cringe in a good way.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Perfume, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://perfumes-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment