Saturday, October 20, 2007

EVER

Dr. Seuss wrote those lines I think. (refer to previous blog entry) 'Oh, the places you'll go!' Maybe I should read that again. I think I got about 15 copies when I graduated from college.

Today I went shopping with two of my girlfriends and we went into Sephora. I hope I spelled that right. It's a really intense make-up store. I've really never experienced anything like it. Ever. It was overwhelming and I can't say that I ever want to go back in. I am still in shock that stores can put pictures of basically naked people up. I mean really, can you miss the men's chests when walking by Abercrombie or the women's breasts at Victoria Secret? And Sephora had some of both. A little bit of the men. A little bit of the women. Don't want to leave anyone out now. I'm still amazed though and hope my sweet nephews never enter a mall. EVER. And yet, we scratch our heads and wonder why ever other woman in America is on a diet and men have complexes and we are all so self-conscious. I'll just hold up my air-brushed photo when I walk around. Oh except, that you wouldn't recognize me. So, I'm crying out against a crazy society that promotes outward, physical beauty and longing for a place where we look past all of that and engage in meaningful conversation.

No comments: