Last evening I ate at Nabeel's in Homewood. I arrived, saw that the parking lot was full and decided to try a tricky sidewalk parking spot. And older man was pulling onto the sidewalk next to me, so I figured it would be okay. We got of our cars and I said to him, "So, I guess it's okay to park here?" He replied, "Oh, probably. Why not?" I said, "Yeah, gotta take a risk" to which he quiped, "That's right, just like Columbus!" I started to laugh and then walked into a window box of flowers and he whipped out "Watch out for the flowers in your risk-taking!"
I like little interactions with strangers.
So, the trees are changing colors. I love when the trees change colors. There's something peaceful about the changing of the seasons letting me know that life goes on and I have to keep moving. Sometimes I wish the world would stop so that we could mourn the losses around us. But, if we did stop, we would never get to start again, for there is too much grief in the world. I think the trees bursting into reds and oranges and yellows let me know that something else is in control whether today makes sense or not.
Friday, October 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Alison-
I just found your blog and I'm really enjoying it. Keep writing.
Post a Comment