Sunday, October 14, 2007

I give up

On Friday night I babysat Sam. He's one of my little buddies. He's in second grade, extremely high energy, and is usually quite delightful to be around. Well, Sam and I were sitting in my jeep outside the Summit movie theatre waiting to pick up Charlie, his brother. (how much of a mom did I feel like picking up a teeny bopper at 9:30pm at the movie theatre from his co-ed hang out experience?!). We were playing round after round of 'I Spy.' In this particular round, Sam said, 'I spy with my little eye something white.' I proceeded to guess everything white I could possibly see and no luck. Finally, I gave up and Same shouted, 'It's you, Alison! You're white!' I just fell over laughing. Way to think outside the box, little dude. I am definitely a 'white' person, though hopefully not truly the pasty white color I was looking for. And this is why I enjoy children.

No comments: