Okay, let me just set up a little scenario for you. Every Wednesday morning I spend three hours in a research class with a teacher from Korea. 1. I don't really like research. 2. My teacher is quite nice and a fair grader, but we simply cannot understand her English. If it wasn't for the powerpoints in English I would be lost. Today, for example, Dr. Park was giving some sort of example and I couldn't figure out if she was saying hamsters or gangsters. So, in my mind I just kept switching back and forth to keep myself interested. It really is an excruciately painful class. Getting a masters degree is not quite, not at all, what I thought it would be.
Then, each Wednesday evening I spend three hours in a psychopathology class. Today we were talking about human sexuality and the teacher made an interesting point about men and women. She said that women really have a wide range of femininity. A woman can be anything from a tomboy to a barbie. But men, on the other hand, have it more difficult. There's just superman to weird. I think that's interesting. And, I've often felt that men really get a tough time with all the feminism stuff. Personally, I like that beautiful balance where a man knows I'm completely capable of handling this life, yet I also love to have a door opened for me and to be picked up for a date and told I look just lovely. So, good luck guys, find that perfect middle ground.
I've really been proud of my father though. He told me once that he wasn't going to give me away at my wedding. Really, Dad!? Really. He told me that I'm not his possession to give away. I am an adult and capable of making my own decisions. He will state that I am Nevin and Myrtianne's daughter. I love that.
And then last year when Dad got part of his finger amputated, he had a woman perform the surgery. She was the best doctor for the job and Dad stated that if he wanted his daughter to have every opportunity in the world, then he should allow every other woman that same chance. Again, how much do I love that.
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment