Saturday, October 20, 2007

have you ever seen a rock tumbler?

After seeing Phantom of the Opera, I am now back on a Broadway kick. I pulled out my Les Mis CD's. I love the last song. The lines...
'Take my hand and lead me to salvation
Take my love for love is everlasting
And remember the truth that once was spoken,
To love another person is to see the face of God'

I played those 15 seconds over and over yesterday. Somehow it helped me feel comfortable in my sadness. I think that far too often, I try to run from anything that feels yucky. But, I think there's harm in not being still for a little while and letting the feelings tumble around inside. Several of my wonderful friends asked me today why I didn't call them last night. My only answer is that I needed to be alone and mull and pray and sleep.

And for some reason today when I was riding the bike, the lines 'there is really nothing you must do and really nothing you must be' popped into my head. I like that. I don't remember where it came from. Just a little gift out of the sky. It felt like permission to be fully myself today. To release myself from my own expectations. To forgive the fears and worries of the future. To accept where I am and the feelings that I hold inside. To begin to hurt and heal and love in a cycle for the rest of my life.

No comments: